Hall of Records
1892, tremendous growth of the town and businesses increased the number
of county officials and a bulk of records creating a need for a new building.
The new Hall of Records was completed in 1893, at a cost of $11,949.
The exterior marble was quarried locally and the newspapers of the day
gave glowing reports of the progressive construction. The style is Romanesque
Revival and the architect, Mr. William Mooser, designed many Northern
Hall of Records was built directly in front of the Courthouse to provide
space for the County Treasurer, Assessor and Recorder. Today, the lower
floor houses the Historical Society office, Museum Book and Gift Shop,
and the entrance to the Museum. Sixteen foot high solid iron doors with
massive sliding bolts mark the entrance to the Hall of Records.